I know, I know, I know, let's just ignore the fact that I'm like 4 million years behind on blogging. It's not going to get better for some time. I'm so crazy busy and stressed out these days (evident by the gross cold sore I've got on my lip right now). I asked Jake if I should just quit blogging since I always seem to be behind... he was like "oh... I love our blog." So I'm making a renewed effort to catch up, even if it means just putting out photos. Will I ever catch up? No. But I'm going to try to not ignore it so much ;-)
So, back to May. Remember May? It was a warm and sunny month almost 2 seasons ago. Well, this is what we did:
Jami stayed at our house for an extra week after the ballet recital. I got so many things done while we was here! (like the solar system vinyl and baby shadow boxes). The girls loved being able to hang out with fun Aunt Jami. Scarlett told me "Aunt Jami is good at taking naps." haha!
Jami isn't the only good napper in the house. The twirls told me "Berlyn is good at sleeping." haha! Berlyn had to get her blood drawn. Since she has passed out before during a blood draw they had her sit in a recliner. Then I made her drink an apple juice after before standing up (it was a fasting blood draw). The nurse had her put pressure on the puncture, so I had to feed her the juice. I propped it up on her while I took this picture - she was so mad at me haha!
I had another ovarian cyst rupture. I was on the floor next to my bed and the girls came in and saw me. They kept asking me concerned questions and even asked if I was going to die. I was already crying but I cried a little harder knowing that my stupid cyst was causing them so much anxiety. I am working with my OB to find a real solution.
The girls opened their bday cards from Grammy. The cards transformed into Princess crowns!
Enjoying the beautiful weather on a walk around our neighborhood. Which included a sewer lid dance party.
I was driving the girls home one day and I pulled over and jumped out of the car to move a neighbor's garbage can from the street to their driveway. When I got back in the car Skye said "good job mom." Cute! I didn't even think she knew what was going on!
Berlyn gave the girls a slip and slide for their bday. We had a blast breaking it in.
Scarlett came home from school pretty upset. A boy told her "Boys go to college to get more knowledge, girls go to Jupiter to get more stupider." This statement really upset her. She told me "I think it should be: girls go to college to get more knowledge and everyone goes to college to get more knowledge!!!" That's right Scarlett! You go girl!
Laura was on the way to my house and saw my neighbor was selling a scooter at her yard sale. Laura was in the market for the exact scooter. The lady said she would sell it for $3 cash. But Laura only had 60 cents! So she came over and asked if I had any cash. I was able to find 40 cents and then she borrowed $1 from each twirl. haha! It was so funny that the twirls had more cash than both of the grown ups! But she got the scooter and we had a blast playing with it the rest of the day.
We took some of the kids to the UofM Arboretum.
Jake came home from work in this sexy ride. The girls had fun playing with the convertible feature.
Scarlett riding like her dad...
Jaide on the scooter....
Girls on the playset.....











2 comments:
Great photos.
You do great eye make-up on yourself.
and I am laughing about the dirt bike trail around your house in the lawn
Love, Mom G
We are still in the 90's here!! I am so jealous of your seasons, though I do remember the challenges of little kids in long winters.
Scarlett looks so grown up!!
Post a Comment